Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Official 1st Episode Shoot (aka also Episode 2)

Post Represents: Friday, October 19, 2012

After this shoot, the first episode of The Late Night Experiment web series became official. Last week was the planned 1st episode shoot but due to improper capturing of the audio it had to tossed. Which ended up being the best thing that could of happened to the project. I certainly believe the audio mishap happened for the best. Over the years, I've learned how to make the best out of adversity. Not long after I found out about the audio setback last week, I took a moment to reevaluate and simplify the production by focusing on the most important components (talk about deja vu). Initially I was planning to shoot 10 episodes to complete the first season by Christmas. That was super crazy ambitious. Post the audio disaster, reality sunk with a list of new ideas. Now I'm shooting 5 episodes and the week before each episode I'll be releasing an episode teaser/commercial. This plan is much more creatively manageable. Through it all, the audio catastrophe became an production blessing.

Here is a snippet of the email I sent to my team upon making the decision to shoot episode 1 over again.

Allow me to tell you a story. November of last year, myself, Kevin Boot and a wonderful young lady named Raewyn Bailey set off to produce a 5 commercials for the 2011-2012 Doritos Crash The Super Bowl Contest. We shot 5 commercials in one day and moments after we wrapped, our hard drive fell while it was transferring footage. It was devastating. We had only two options. We could give up or reshoot. Thankfully, we had some of the footage on memory cards but a lot of it was lost. In the end, shooting over was the best thing that ever happened to us. Some of our original footage wasn't the best and we mastered what we really wanted in the reshoot. 


I'm mentioning all of this because we had a audio technical difficulty on Friday. It wasn't captured properly. Although, the internal mics on the camera picked up the sound decently well, I had the opportunity to reevaluate our project and I came up with many more great simplistic ideas. With that being said, lets count what we did on Friday as a rehearsal and we'll reshoot episode 1 this Friday. 

I have also decided to only shoot 5 episodes to complete our first season. 

I'm even more excited then before. 
Note: To all the actors, review your scripts because we're shooting over and its going to be so much better. 

Reevaluating after a mishap and making the product better seem to be a common trend lately. Moreover, I took a lot more photos last week. I didn't take as many photos/videos at this shoot because I wanted to stay focused on getting it down.







Video (1) Here:



Video (2) Here:


Mark Sipka, Ed Magik, Julio Hanson, Raj Jawa, Adrien Delstanche, Kevin Cárdenas,
Kevin Boot, Kritika Kapoor, 
 Rebecca Purdum Honett
Mark Sipka, Ed Magik, Julio Hanson, Raj Jawa, Adrien Delstanche, Kevin Cárdenas,
Kevin Boot, Kritika Kapoor, 
 Rebecca Purdum Honett
Mark Sipka, Ed Magik, Julio Hanson, Raj Jawa, Adrien Delstanche, Kevin Cárdenas,
Kevin Boot, Kritika Kapoor, 
 Rebecca Purdum Honett
Like: 
www.Facebook.com/LateNightExperiment

Photos courtesy of Adrien Delstanche: 
Official Episode 1 Photos Behind The Scenes 


Next Related:  
Double Shoot Success!!!

Previous/Team Related: 
1st Episode...I Mean First Rehearsal


Adrien Related: 
The Mallory Show - Taboo Episode - Behind... 


Kritika Related: 
Classified Screening at Panera Bread


VIEW FULL EPISODE 1 HERE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNr0kNWLtMM&list=PLARX0FIqV8gUEMcGmC6SJBdChrhyfk_vz&index=1

VIEW FULL EPISODE 2 HERE: 

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XCko99OG4I&list=PLARX0FIqV8gUEMcGmC6SJBdChrhyfk_vz&index=2

As the quest continues...

The Future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign